Sunday, April 1, 2012

On impatience and dates

I'm not known for my patience. In general or in pregnancy.

I just had this "feeling" that Forrest was going to be a March baby. That he was going to be early, maybe by a couple of weeks. I was worried about it for some time. Then last week I got super-impatient and anxious to meet him. I'd finished up the things I really wanted to get done at work before I left. We were all ready. I was getting lots of the "you're still here!?!" comments. I was having lots of contractions which made me hopeful.

And so it's now April and he's still sitting pretty. And I'm okay with that. He actually has a most awesome due date and it would be so cool if he waited to come until then.

His due date is 4-4-2012. His Great-Grandmother's birthday is 4-4-1924. How neat would it be for Forrest to be exactly 88 years younger than Nanny? The thought of it is keeping me nice and calm right now.

Of course, come Thursday of this week I'm going to be really impatient again.

No comments:

Post a Comment